If you are in the business of Marketing or Public Relations, then we have a workshop that will change your career and for that matter, your life, forever…
Graphic design, also known as communication design, is the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with visual and textual content. The form of the communication can be print or digital, and may include images, words or graphic forms.
When we created the Graphic Design Essentials workshop we had a vision to bring what used to be a very exclusive skill to attendees that work within the marketing or PR related fields. Our goal was to make the field of graphic design more accessible, to show ways in which the power of this skill can be harnessed by everybody and not exclusively by people with a degree in design.
In this five day workshop we combine four of our most popular workshops to steer your creative thinking in an exciting and new direction. We show you how to create print collateral, ad material, web graphics, posters, banners, exhibition material, brochures and magazine layouts. As if that’s not enough we also include ‘The principles of great design’ to make sure you understand why a design works.
We conclude the workshop with a look at the future of design as we showcase how to use Creative Cloud and mobile apps to capture ideas for your clients and make them sync with your software.
They say knowledge is power, so be prepared to be blown away at what insight you will have after this incredible journey into the world of design.
What you will learn…
- The principles of great design
- InDesign: How to create designs and print collateral of any kind, from magazine layouts to brochures, posters, ads and exhibition material
- The design process and understanding graphic design lingo
- Photoshop: From creating compositions to web graphics
- Illustrator: Designing any vector graphics, from logos to billboards and infographics
- InDesign Pro Skills: Advanced tips for working in InDesign
- Essential skills: Combining all three software packages to create amazing artwork, understanding what makes great design and producing artwork that has massive impact
- Using Creative Cloud and mobile apps to brainstorm Marketing and Public Relations ideas
- Creating graphics for social media
Download the course outline in PDF here
We have scheduled training in CT and JHB:
Cape Town – Naspers Building, 40 Heerengracht Street, Foreshore, Cape Town
2 – 6 July (8:30 – 15:30)
Johannesburg – Media Park, 69 Kingsway Avenue, Auckland Park, Johannesburg
16 – 20 July (8:30 – 15:30)
Please note: Scheduled courses may be postponed as a minimum amount of attendees is required
Graphic Design Essentials:
Cost per person exclusive of VAT R8,900.00