Graphic design, also known as communication design, is the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with visual and textual content. The form of the communication can be physical or virtual and may include images, words or graphic forms.
In this five day workshop we combine four of our most popular workshops to steer your creative thinking into exciting new directions. We show you how to create print collateral, ad material, web graphics, posters, banners and exhibition material; as well as brochures and magazine layouts. As if that’s not enough we also include ‘The principles of great design’ to make sure you understand why a design works.
We will prepare you for every design challenge so that by the time you’re done with the course you’ll hit the ground running!
What you will learn…
- The principles of great design and using Creative Cloud and mobile apps;
- InDesign: How to create designs and print collateral of any kind, from magazine layouts to posters;
- Photoshop: From creating compositions and artwork to web graphics and digital formats;
- Illustrator: Designing any vector graphics, from logos to billboards and infographics;
- Essential skills: Combining all three software packages to create amazing artwork, understanding what makes great design and producing artwork that has massive impact.
Download the course outline in PDF here
We have scheduled training in CT and JHB:
Cape Town – Naspers Building, 40 Heerengracht Street, Foreshore, Cape Town
28 – 31 October & 1 November (8:30 – 15:30)
Johannesburg – Media Park, 69 Kingsway Avenue, Auckland Park, Johannesburg
2 – 6 December (8:30 – 15:30)
Please note: Scheduled courses may be postponed as a minimum amount of attendees is required
Graphic Design Essentials:
Cost per person exclusive of VAT R8,900.00